“Celebrate what you want to see more of.”
As we embark on a new year, I wanted to take the time to look at the year past and record just one glimpse of joy, one awesome moment or memory from each month of 2016. Here’s my list.
Fun winter date nights with Aaron and new year goals.
A Valentine’s Weekend trip to Duluth full of cross country skiing and hot tubing.
March & April
Easter celebrations with family and friends.
Aaron’s first trip to NYC and my first time feeling like a local (or at least, not a complete tourist) in the big city.
Girls trip to Nashville- the country music capital of the world!
Celebrating this beautiful lady’s wedding day.
Our first anniversary- commemorated by a road trip.
September is a season for new beginnings and goals and was the month I started blogging again!
I love fall. October was a hard month at work, but a month with escapes to nature to rest and be.
This was a month of work project conclusions, a trip away and time with family before kicking off the must anticipated Christmas season.
Christmas time! It’s always great to be with family (we celebrated my brother’s engagement!) and celebrate and delight in God’s many gifts to us.
Often I’m so hard on myself about the things I fail at and the goals I miss. This year, as I look back on 2016, I’m recording and celebrating the things I did achieve.
- Started a book club and read each monthly book for the whole year.
- Worked out 12x a month for 9 months.
- Took trips to Dallas, Duluth, New York City, Nashville, Wisconsin and Cincinnati.
- Created a strategic plan for a multi-million dollar foundation for the Trustees consideration.
- Started blogging regularly.
- Started leading my church small group.
- Finished my 2014 Shutterfly photo book.
- Hired a fundraising consultant, and carried out the feasibility study to completion.
What do you have to celebrate from 2017?