“The healthiest response to life is joy.” – Deepak Chopra
Just as I love new year resolutions, I love new birth year resolutions! For year 29, I decided I want to start a routine of waking up early to spend time doing what I care about before work…because otherwise, it doesn’t happen.
But, you guys, I’m TERRIBLE at mornings and I’ve failed at this time and time again. Just like every time I feel I fall short in something, I was feeling down on myself and prayed about it. Through prayer, I realized that
God loves me the same if…
- I wake up on time to spend time with him or sleep in.
- The work event I’m planning is a success or a flop.
- I make a good impression at that party or am an awkward weirdo.
He loves me just the same. I don’t have to
- Do anything.
- Be anything.
- Acquire anything.
So in that case, if the stakes aren’t high, let’s do it for the joy!
The joy that God
- loves me
- saved me
- And is always with me.
Let’s live this life just for the joy of living it.
Let’s make a difference in this world because we’re free to. Let’s accomplish things because we can, not because we have to.
Let’s do it for the joy.
Each month I try to record the little glimpses of joy infused in my life. Here are my glimpses from June (Warning- very patio and sunshine heavy :):
- Sitting on the patio, watching the rain
- A beautiful summer night at the lake with friends
- Letting my mind go silent out in the middle of the lake
- Good, old-fashioned lemonade
- Seeing the joy of a good friend soaking up her engagement season and remembering the joy of mine
- Nighttime patio time with the family
- Falling asleep in the hammock with a good book on the patio on a Sunday afternoon
- The excitement of leaving work before a long vacation
- Singing Fishing in the Dark live with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- POOL DAY
- Finishing a good book
- Spike Ball
- A small work success