Hey Friends! Here’s what I’ve been up to his month.
What I’m Eating
First, I’ve started making shakes for breakfast! This way I’m at least having something jumpstart my metabolism and all in all, it’s healthier than what I usually eat for breakfast (i.e. leftover pizza or cupcakes :/).
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Protein Superfood (Pure Vanilla)
- Sidebar: I got this for a great price on Thrive Market, but didn’t want to pay the monthly fee for the membership to the site since in all honesty, I don’t know how long this smoothie thing is going to last, but now I really like smoothies and am on the hunt for either this stuff or some other nutritious supplement to put in my smoothies on the cheap- any recommendations?
Mix it all up in your blender or Magic Bullet. It’s super yummy and filling! A lot of days I can only drink 1/2 of it. This is literally the only smoothie I’ll eat since I don’t like fruit
I also tried homemade turkey burgers for the first time (with guacamole on top) and they were very delicious as well!
What I’m Reminiscing About
Aaron and I have had two trips this month.
The first was in honor of Aaron’s birthday. We headed to the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells to ride some waterslides. We had pizza and beer at Moosejaw and topped off the evening with custard from Culvers. It was a great weekend away!
Then the weekend before last, we headed to my parents to celebrate Easter with family.
What I’m Loving
Spring time! I’ve been monopolizing on the random sunny days we’ve had with Happy Hours, hammocking and front porch sitting.
What I’ve Been Up To
Besides our trip to the Dells and our trip to my parents’ for Easter, April has been a little quieter, so I’ve had fun reconnecting with friends.
What I’m Dreading
Can’t think of anything at the moment…
What I’m Working On
I have a new role at work! Check out this post to learn more 🙂
What I’m Excited About
SUMMER TIME! And hopefully finding a new home that’s just right for us.
What I’m Watching/Reading + Listening To
Check out my April Book and Screens Review 🙂
What I’m Wearing
I had a day off two weeks ago and decided there’s no better way to celebrate than with shopping! I got the top three tops at Turnstyle and last weekend, my friend Casey and I did some thrifting at Buffalo Exchange and I found the last 3 tops.
What I’m Doing This Weekend
This weekend I’m celebrating my future sister-in-law, Nikki! Her and my brother are getting married in July and we’re throwing her a Disney-themed shower. Pictures to come!
What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month
- Celebrating some early May holidays (Star Wars Day, Cinco de Mayo, Kentucky Derby, May Day)
- Urban Homeworks Work Day with Small Group
- Hope Spring Brunch
- Paola and Tim’s Wedding!
And, of course, the warm weather.
What Else is New
I think that covers it 🙂 See you in May!