Welcome back to the Gilmore Girls Challenge. Grab a friend and watch the episode with me! Each episode, I share my thoughts and a challenge to do something the Gilmores do during the show.
Thoughts from the Episode
- The intro- a true morning in the life of the Gilmores! Brought to you by pop tarts, coffee and fashion advice.
- I love that Lorelai is taking classes and working.
- Oh, Lane. You won’t meet your soulmate until season 3 and know it until season 5.
- I feel you, Sookie. The beginning of relationships are hard…and so awkward.
- Rory, a natural matchmaker :p
- And Lorelai ends up with who she’s supposed to on the date 🙂
- And he almost asked her out!! I totally forgot about that. Way to ruin it Mrs. Kim.
- I love that they had pagers. This show is ancient.
- Ok, what do you guys think? Would Lorelai have said yes if Luke asked her out on a proper date at the end of the episode?
This week’s challenge
Go on a Double or Blind Date! In college, my girlfriends and I each set each other up with someone- it was a blind double date! It didn’t go super well…but we had some great memories to laugh about for a LONG time. Be sure to get ready together like Lorelai and Sookie and hopefully your date will go better than Lorelai’s!
If that’s not doable, here are a few other ideas from the episode:
- Establish a Morning Routine- coffee’s mandatory, pop tarts optional.
- Make meringue- and if you’re channeling your inner Sookie, make it the shape of Alaska.
- Read Sylvia Plath.